It’s that time of year where not only do you have to get dolled up for lots of events and parties but it’s also happens to be cold and dry- which wreaks havoc on skin (my skin at least). So in an effort to help with both issues here are some of my all time favorite products for holiday season (or really any season!) And some of these make excellent gifts for other who might be beauty product obsessed too!
1. I have been trying to find a replacement for years for my beloved (RIP) Chanel Teint Innocence foundation and Urban Decay’s Naked is the first product I’ve found that I’ve liked enough to buy twice! A really amazing texture, light yet layer-able without looking like heavy makeup. Plus it has good for your skin ingredients too. I have been hearing RAVE reviews for Armani’s Maestro foundation so I’m going to try that next!
2. I’m all about eyeshadow palettes because they are so fabulous to travel with- this new Bobbi Brown one is my new favorite with a collection of the very best colors that can create a neutral work look or a glitzy party one.
3. The best mascara out there bar-none! No clumps, super dark and incredible volume and length.
4. I am not a lipstick girl and I only use things I can apply without a mirror- this Plum shade of Fresh’s famous balms ads a pop of natural color while keeping lips conditioned (plus it smells and tastes amazing). The coral color is super fun for holiday parties too!
5. I have been a dedicated user of YSL’s Touche Eclat for a decade- but I did try Givenchy’s Mister Light pen the other day and was tres impressed! It took my tired eyes from sad to sparkling in an instant.
6. My favorite product for skin as of late…. Josie Maran’s Argan Oil is just heaven for the skin- moisturizing and imparts a lovely glow without making skin greasy at all. And all natural with the bonus of being awesome for hair and cuticles too!
7. I am totally obsessed with Paul Mitchell’s Wild Ginger Awaphui shampoo, conditioner and styling oil. It had made an insane, noticeable difference in my dry hair by deeply moisturizing without any weight. Floored.
8. For “just went ice skating” flush try Nars blush in Mata Hari. So pretty.
9. For seriously glam, sparkly, metallic eyes nothing beats Armani’s Eyes to Kill shadows.
10. I have yet to use a treatment eye cream that truly makes a difference in the appearance of my undereyes- so instead I have turned to just looking for fabulous moisture and I love Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment for winter months. Simple and does it’s job- plus easy on eyes for us contact wearers.
11. THE BEST. Tons of hype, but oh so worth it. Nothing keeps skin supple in the dry winter months like this stuff. Nothing. The makeup artist who worked on me in LA said it was her fave product ever invented and has kept her skin wrinkle free (and girlfriend looked GOOD.)
14. For those who love outdoor adventures in the winter (or summer) this UV/ SPF protector is amazing! A liquid that feel fresh on skin but really works at protecting from the elements.