If you know me, follow me on Instagram or have spoken to me for 5 minutes you know how obsessed I am with my two dogs. Baxter was my first, a Havanese from a breeder in CT and Oliver was a lat night “impulse rescue” I found on Petfinder one night. It said he was a month old Havanese puppy mill rescue and I was wanting a sibling for Baxter to keep him company. One look at his picture and I was done for (kinda like when I saw Andrew’s picture on Match). Andrew happened to be sleeping at the time so the next morning when he woke it went a little something like this:
Me: Honey, I may or may not have adopted a puppy online last night….
Andrew: No you didn’t.
Me: Yeah, I did. And you need to fly to North Carolina to get him.
Andrew: (smacks head)
So Oliver came home with us and turns out, he’s not a pure bred Havanese but some sort of mix. We are pretty certain he’s a Bichon- Havanese mix, a Havachon, if you will. He and Baxter were instant best friends, mostly because Baxter is a raging type A freakshow and Oliver acts like a stoned Matthew McConaghey all the time (“hey maaaaan, be cool….). I would have 10 dogs if I could, but for now I’ll stick with these two weirdos. The fact that I got these two little fluffballs when Andrew is a big dog guy (his dream is a Newfoundland) is a testament to my powers of persuasion.
This does mean that I spend a ridiculous amount of money on them- between vet visits, grooming, nights at the fancy dog hotel, toys, food, treats….. and the fact that 50% of my reasoning for buying this house was so they could have a yard…. yeah, I am officially a crazy dog lady. I try to keep all their toys neat in a basket in a corner- but one thing that always shows are dog beds. So I was psyched when I got this new ikat print bed from Blueblood (print available soon) to put in the sunroom where they like to lay and bark at every moving thing that goes by. It coordinates with everything else going on in there and isn’t an eyesore….
Here are some of my current favorite dog-centric accessories that are both good looking and functional:
2. Hysterical treat jar. My boys act like crack addicts for chicken chips.
3. A stuffed Eiffel tower toy would make me happy laying on my floor.
4. & 5. Dried chicken treats made in Boston (so no worries about that whole made in China chicken chip drama).
6. Baxter rocks this Blueblood greek key collar and leash and looks SO sharp in it. They have a great selection of collars- and 20% off today!
7. I love my dry shampoo, and now the boys have some too to freshen them up after tumbles in the park or pond.
8. A chic leather-look poop bag holder. As good looking as you can make that lovely task.
10. Cutest preppy little collar for a lady dog. (Which, by the way, if I ever had I would name Jackie O and she would be so well dressed).
11. Cute little rope toy from another favorite brand, Jax & Bones. We have stupid names for each toy we have- Smelly Squirrel, Bitey Monster, Crazy Legs, Pirate Chicken…. this guy would have to be dubbed something too.
12. I had to. A leopard hide bowtie collar– ON SALE?! You know, for formal, fashion-y occasions.
13. A great looking double dish wood feeder. Love this.
14. I saw this lucite dog bed at Mecox in Palm Beach and nearly had a stroke. It’s the ultimate.
I’m going to sign off until Monday and take a little breather. I hope you guys have a great long holiday weekend!