I’ve been trying to not only use safer products lately but also be more diligent about my skincare routine. No more lazy gal face wipes to take off (i.e. rub around) my makeup at the end of a long day. I’ve been making sure I take the time, no matter how tired, to properly wash, tone, treat and moisturize. And despite the rogue lone pimple that just appeared (ARGH!!!), I think it’s been helping me skin a lot! Things feel smoother, brighter and way more moisturized; and somehow, the more natural and gentle stuff is making a bigger difference than the strong, chemical stuff! So I thought I’d share (as well as some super awesome body, hair and makeup finds too!)
1. This winter my skin has been SOOOOO dry. I still wash with Shamanuti’s Charcoal Cleanser but when I’m feeling really parched I’ve taken to using this cleansing balm– which leaves your face clean but super moisturized. And it gets every speck of makeup off.
2. I am still a big La Mer fan, but I tried this Kiehl’s moisturizer and adore it, especially for daytime. It feels like giving your face a big drink of water. Less heavy than La Mer but perhaps just as moisturizing!
3. Toner is having such a comeback. I’m all about it right now- and this one from Arcona smells amazing and is such a nice middle step in your nightly cleansing routine. Also comes in pre-soaked pads which I’m keen to try!
4. Yep, I’ve posted this before and I’m going to post it again. This Midnight Recovery Concentrate is the one thing I feel has made a true difference in my skin since I started using it. A light oil that is just packed with goof for your skin ingredients. I’m on bottle number 2!
5. Clearly I’m on a Kiehl’s kick… this eye cream is an oldie but goodie for winter time! Nothing is more moisturizing for the under-eye area than this little pot!
6. Another thing I think has really helped my skin is using this face oil from Beautycounter. I love a good face oil, especially those with Sea Buckthorn in them like this one. When I feel super dry, I use this before the Kiehl’s moisturizer above. Layers of moisture is key!
7. We’re all trying to fight father time, and this may be assisting my battle- this Kiehl’s (I wasn’t kidding about being a big fan) Powerful Line-Reducing Concentrate.
Body & Hair
8. I went through this tub of body scrub so fast and need to order another. It has a great natural lemon smell and really makes me skin feel smooth. Plus it’s completely natural!
9. I am all about spray texturizers, and have been using salt sprays for the most part but find in the winter they leave my hair too dry. This Living Proof stuff is AWESOME. It doesn’t leave your hair crunchy when you air dry for some waves and also works great before a blowout to add body and control!
10. I’ve been looking for an all- natural deodorant for months. Lined up in my medicine cabinet are a bunch that simply did not work. This little pot from Soapwalla DOES!!!! I really love it- it takes a little to get used to putting a cream on, but it also leaves my skin SO much less irritated after shaving.
11. I have about 52 lip glosses rolling around my purse and bathroom drawer at any given time but this Tarte one has been in steady use due to it’s sheer, natural color and non-sticky texture.
12. You know that J.Lo glow everyone wants? THIS will give it to you. It’s amazing when mixed into your everyday foundation or applied over top it for a serious dose of radiance. I like the Opal color personally.
13. I’ve never been able to find a cream blush I really like, but this one by Makeup Forever I really do. It’s almost like a cream meets a powder somehow. The coral and rosy plum shades.
14. This Borghese eyeshadow palette may be better than the Naked palettes. For real. I’m LOVING this bad boy- the shades are amazing and shadows have lovely texture.