I noticed an amazing chartreuse velvet pillow in the Pottery Barn fall catalog and wanted to use it in a project- but I went to order it yesterday and it was the only color sold out! I never would have expected it since this color is totally polarizing and not exactly a common favorite. But I do see it popping up here and there in fall spreads and think it’s going to be a popular accent color for fall decorating!
Here are some finishes and textures that work well with chartreuse in any space-
1. Tortoise accents- glasses, frames, trays- you name it!
2. Modern black and brass fixtures.
3. A palette inspired by nature- while this is a bold color, it is a natural one!
4. The crisp shade looks amazing with wood finishes, from limed oak to rich walnut.
5. Brass looks AMAZING with this palette!
6. Add it in in small doses, like this small scale pattern.
7. It also could not look better with zebra!
8. Leather + chartreuse= YUM.
9. Modern art in black and white.
10. Greys and chartreuse mix well.
Look how fabulous this chair looks paired with pale wood, grey-blue walls and lots of white. Also paired with a deep, bold navy!
More blue pairings (love this shot- an oldie but goodie!)
A hint of yellow-green in a bathroom adds life.
A great mix of traditional and modern both in color and shape and pattern.
Here are some colors that works great with chartreuse- deep browns, pale blues, dark grey, navy, rich burgundy, pale pink, dusty violet and clay beige.
Some good chartreuse colors to try: Benjamin Moore Green Umber, Folk Art, Sweet Daphne; Sherwin Williams Chartreuse; C2 Viburnum and Chameleon.