No, not this very minute, but soon! So I’ve packed my “jam bag” for the hospital and thought I’d share what I’m bringing so you experienced mama’s can chime in with any of the things you found particularly helpful and cozy during your labor and delivery stay.
What I’ve got for myself:
– Slippers (and a bunch of socks that weren’t attractive enough to take a picture of).
– Toiletry bag with essentials (see below).
*Not pictured- Boppy, car seat, granny undies. :)
I’m packing in this awesome bag my parent’s gave me for my birthday from Mark & Graham.
I’ll be honest and say I am one of those girls who goes to the gym with her makeup on. I just am. So while the focus will be on the baby and getting him here safely, once we are snuggled in my room and taking a million pictures I want to be able to freshen up and feel like myself and look half-decent in these photos I will want to treasure forever. These are my “no makeup makeup” faves that really stay put for a long time and take 5 minutes max to get right.
– Estee Lauder DoubleWear. I just was turned onto this and LOVE it. It’s not mask-like but stay all damn day long! It’s amazing!
– Living Proof Dry Shampoo– love this new one that actually does clean your hair and make it look and feel (and smell) clean.
– Dior Diorshow Mascara. Love.
– L’Oreal Lipgloss/balm. This is nice because it gives a hint of color (Molto Mauve is this color) and it stays on for a while but doesn’t dry out. Also have plain lipbalm on hand too so I don’t cover the little guy with glossy kisses.
– Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze- my one “stuck on an island” product I always have with me. Bronzing and brightening.
– Kiehl’s Ultra Face Moisturizer– basic and great.
– Sephora Gel Cheek Tint– this stuff is great- gives you that “I just pushed a BABY out my hoo ha” flush. :)
– Elastics and bobby pins because I can’t stand having my hair in my face when I have a job to do.
– Cute monogram bag thanks to Cece Du Praz.
And the little guy may have more “coming home” outfit options than his momma.
– A tiny little sailor onesie from Petit Bateau in case he’s super small.
– This funny and adorable set from H&M Conscious (I am addicted to their stuff for baby!)
– A cute swaddle (this set is so cute and cool) and cute socks.
– Pacifiers for the ride home (a whole 2 miles).
So fill me in on what I’m missing that I may want to have in the room!