Felix Doolittle has become an EOS holiday staple gift source, which delights me to no end as they are a darling local Newton, MA based company that creates beautiful illustrated paper goods (also, Oprah named them “her favorite stationery” too so, you know, there’s THAT). This year we feature them again, not only because so many of you loved them too, but also because they have new items available this season perfect for gifting (and also, because I love supporting small businesses like this!)
One of the new items they have are larger 16″ x 20″ art prints of Felix’s watercolors. I can’t get over how gorgeous they are, and I was so interested to find out about Felix Fu’s story behind his amazing talent. His passion for drawing began as a youngster growing up in Hong Kong where to be appointed a provincial government official in China, the candidate had to excel in painting, calligraphy, and poetry– Felix’s grandfather was one such an official. But as generations and the local culture changed, Felix’s continued love of drawing and the arts was not encouraged, especially as he often chose to draw instead of concentrating on the lesson at hand in school, or later, drawing instead of doing his homework. He kept his drawings small so they could be easily hidden by a cupped hand. And his love of painting and drawing in small scale grew from there! So now painting on an 8′ x 10″ sheet of paper feels absolutely HUGE to him!
Here are some of the large prints on a wall!
Kids will certainly let you know what they want for X-mas- that we know. But in case you need a little help, here is a selection of gifts for kids of all ages. Now, I make no promises when it comes to tweens and teens because I’m kind of scared of them and don’t really know what they are into beyond their phones, selfies and wearing stuff I wore in the 90’s (but ironically now-which makes me feel 672 years old). But I tried! Happy Cyber Monday shopping (SO many great sales!)
- My favorite sweater for Henry- also in coral.
- Also bought this ball for Henry- the painted animals on it are very Wes Anderson, adorbs!
- A playmat that won’t sear your retinas with insane colors.
- I was given this lion at my baby shower and it is the softest, fanciest little stuffed animal ever.
- Jonathan Adler re-designed the Rock’n Play (which was a miracle as a new mom- so jealous of this new design!)
- This little stuffed pumpkin carriage is beyond cute (look at the floral wallpaper inside!)
- OBSESSED with this blue toile sleepsack (also the matching crib sheets).
- Also amazed by these paper mache animal heads for a nursery wall- babies would love these to look at!
- The sweetest little bib set I ever did see.
- I love Hazel Village stuffed animals.
- A great toy to get those motor skills working!
- A super pretty teething toy!
- How cool does this tiny ride on look? Meant for the little guys to learn how to balance.
- A soft baby book great for newborns.
- Henry is STILL in love with this musical toy.
- My favorite winter hat and mitten set- he can’t take the hat off!
- A stuffed barnyard animal stacking toy that is beyond cute!
- I love Rikshaw bibs– so sweet and absorbent. Also in blue.
- This RadioFlyer walker wagon is wonderful! :)
- I loved the PB Kids grey and brass kitchen from last year, and this year- LIMED OAK! LOOOOOOOVE.
- I love this little pig rocker. So freaking sweet!
- A giant coloring book roll!
- I was SO happy my niece asked for the boxed set of Harry Potter books this year! So special!
- These personalized gift sacks are such a cute way to group gifts or wrap something big! And re-usable year after year!
- A darling little apron and kitchen tool set! Pair with a cute cookie mix for a great gift.
- Cute sneaks.
- Two fantastic books- Iggy Peck Architect and Painting Pepette.
- You’ll get LOTS of hugs for this mini Tesla!
- Adorable personalized hats (and for every children’s item ordered, Cece duPraz is donating a onesie to a baby in need).
- I LOOOOOOOVE Roberta Rollerrabbit pajamas. Henry NEEDS these llama ones.
- Trains are always a good idea– this set is gorgeous to boot!
- What little girl wouldn’t want a sparkly, sequined dress?
- Or a grey tutu? Can I have one too?
- Love these gold star Uggs. My niece might get these too.
- Adore the monochromatic workbench- fun AND won’t ruin your decor!
- A doll size Jenny Lind bed with the cutest bedding I ever did see? Yes please!
- Or these gorgeous dolls dressed ready for street style pics.
- A super fast sled. Done and done.
- Legos are a safe bet. Always.
- Cute crayons made into a child’s name! Pair with a big stack of coloring books (or the coloring roll above!)
- I actually want this in the all black. I guess Abercrombie is back?
- Beats headphones are always a winning bet. These are the wireless ones.
- I think this is the new Madden game? I assume boys still play this???
- A great collection of mini nailpolishes.
- Adorable camo sweats for the tween boy.
- An iPhone projector– turning any phone into a movie screen!
- A little stocking stuffer full of goodies for the ladies.
- Sparkly skirt? CHECK!
- Battle drones should be exciting- especially Star Wars ones.
- OMG this tray is #TOTESADORBS.
- A cell phone case filled with liquid glitter.
- A sherpa fleece lined hoodie in a bevy of colors. Can’t really go wrong with this.
- A ping pong tabletop that can go just about anywhere from the kitche island to a dining table. Family fun 101.
- Gold bunny ear speaker for her phone. Cute addition to the bedroom.
- Teen boys + trucker hats? That’s still a thing, right? :)
- These embroidered jeans are pretty great for the tween gal!
- A HUGE sports mural for a wall in their room (also available in baseball and basketball)
- Also, a faux fur beanbag or two is perfect for hanging out or reading.
- A CANNOT believe chokers are back, but they are- in a BIG way.
- The jacket all girls have/want/ need.
- Smaller scale tassel earrings in fun colors.
- Google Home– a great gift for the whole family to use (comes with different base colors like copper too!)
- Fave NFL team winter hat! GO PATS!
- A modern and chic jewelry organizer.
Happy Black Friday everyone! If your off to the races when it comes to your holiday shopping, let me get you going with my FOR HER gift guide (and check HERE for my guide FOR HIM). There are so many ridiculous sales today– have some fun!!!!
- I am obsessed with this brand French Girl Organics– the simple, chic packaging and the name, hello, who doesn’t want to be a French girl??
- A monogrammed bangle that is actually an iPhone charger? YAY.
- The new Dyson blowdryer is supposed to be amazing.
- Not sure of someone’s size? A cape is the perfect thing!
- Grey gingham pajamas are perfect for anyone.
- Love how gorgeous these makeup brushes are- and so affordable!
- Everyone needs a cute winter hat with a fuzzy pom!
- A Jo Malone fragrance sampler is a wonderful gift for someone to who may want to find a pretty new scent!
- This style earring is super hot right now- and in gold they are a holiday/date night staple!
- This tortoise clutch is a great neutral for dressy or casual outfits. A classic.
- Hot Dudes Coloring Book. Need I say more?
- A faux fur pull-through scarf is an easy “guaranteed to love it” gift.
- I may be biased, but I still think my gold and diamond horn pendant is the PRETTIEST.
- I have this bag in grey and I carry it all the time- it fits everything I need as a busy mom and looks awesome. I get tons of compliments.
- How cute is this plaid top? I’d pair with skinny jeans and black heels for a holiday party!
- This year the leopard coat is a MUST- this brand new version from Two Penny Blue is seasonless and a great layering piece for casual or dressy outfits. Plus a school uniform is donated to a girl in Africa for every jacket purchased.
- Another great gift that also gives back- the Every Mother Counts bracelet from Stella & Dot.
- For the gal who still loves an old fashioned planner, this hard cover version is so pretty and ladylike :)
- I have been a devout user of Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer Brick for years and this kit lets the recipient try three of the best colors!
- Glitter pointy toe loafers add extra oomph to any outfit. And they have GREAT reviews and are under $50 today (I just placed my order!)
- I adore these abstracted leopard leggings for the athlete!
- I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SWEATSHIRT. I bought it in two colors. The big snuggly neck and the quilted pattern (plus POCKETS). It’s like wearing your duvet cover out of the house while managing to look adorable.
- BOOKS– shameless plus for my own, but also this one from Christiane Lemeux and Grace Bonney.
- A total style staple- these horsehair and suede beaded tassel necklaces.
- A cool pair of wine stoppers paired with a great bottle of chardonnay covered in pink glitter! So festive (plus One Hope Wine donates money to breast cancer research with every bottle purchased)
- For the candle lover- Vella Box, a candle subscription service! Every month a new candle arrives to try- GENIUS.
- This brass stripe box could serve as a pretty way to corral jewelry or any accessories.
- The cutest, comfy slippers!
- For the woman who packs a lunch everyday, this cooler bag is so adorable!
I have been patiently (ok, not patiently) for the opening of Nantucket’s newest boutique hotel Greydon House for months now. I’d seen sneak peeks and it looked to be right up my design alley. And now that it’s open and the interior pictures have been circulating I’m delighted to say HOLY SH*T I’M FREAKING OUT.
This place is perfection. Total, complete perfection. Designed by the famous Roman & Williams (architecture by Emeritus Development– also fantastic), the interiors could not be more on target with the classically preppy look full of antiques and yet with modern touches. I think this is a magical project and I am counting the months until I can go spend a weekend here (I tried booking a room for Stroll a couple days ago and that was hilarious because of course every room on the island is already booked, especially these.)
Here’s a peek at the fabulousness that is abound at Greydon House:
SO MUCH YES.
It’s that time of year again!!! Gift guide season! I actually have SO much fun selecting stuff for these it’s silly. To start off here is “for him”- a hard group to buy for, but hopefully there are an item of two that fit the bill for the fellas on your list! Andrew edited this list (there were a couple things I thought were cute that he told me were stupid and I had to delete…of course!) On Friday I’ll post “For Her”, on Monday “For Kids & Pets”, Dec 5th “For Home” and Dec 12th “Under $100”. Happy shopping!