Mark Sikes is a decorator’s decorator. I would hire him in a minute to do my own house without question and let him just go to town. I imagine we’d have a Chip-and Joanna reveal and I would cry and hug him and all would be right in the world.
Anyways, he’s a genius with impeccable taste. Case in point, his bedroom in the Kips Bay Decorator’s Showhouse. I. AM. OBSESSED.
I’m on a train back from a work trip to NYC and way behind on , well, everything so here’s a quick post sharing some recent finds/purchases of mine/ for my clients that I am just loving…..
- I just got this faux fur blanket for bed and it is THE BEST faux I have ever had. OBSESSED.
- I also got these Juliska mugs and they make me SO happy every time I make coffee in the morning. Perfect size, weight, handle, etc.
- I splurged on two of these Aerin frames for my house and they are like jewelry for my side tables. SO good.
- Sometimes it’s the little things- this spoon rest came back with me from Vermont and its adorable and functional.
- We are using these Bastideaux pillows on a project and I am OBSESSED with this print. OBSESSED.
- Kayce Hughes just did some small commissions for us, but I am loving this guy for myself :)
- I needed toy storage for our new family room but also wanted it to function as secondary seating. Enter this bench from Ballard Designs– well made, offers lots of space for Legos and dinosaurs and a perfect perch for when entertaining. I’m having a custom cushion made for the top.
- After seeing a similar color on my trip to New York at Roman & Williams insanely good Guild shop/restaurant, I’m really wanting to paint a paneled library in a high gloss formula of Ben Moore’s Templeton Gray.
- I picked up a couple of these art stands, so perfect for propping up small paintings or prints on bookshelves or consoles.
- We ordered two of these sculptural Baker beauties for a New York City project and I cannot wait to see them in person. Breathtaking.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!
I have been OBSESSED with this room at the Lake Forest Showhouse by Wendy Labrum since the moment I saw it on Instagram. Those green lacquer walls and the mix of modern and traditional is PERFECTION. This color is HOT HOT HOT right now. I’ve been seeing vendors like Ballard stocking sofas in deep green velvet, so you know it’s a color that is en fuego .
I saw these pictures of Tory Burch’s Paris Flagship the other day and loved the modern-meets-Granny-chic look of it. It’s glossy and glam but then also traditional and feminine. I thought it would make the perfect inspiration for an amazing bedroom design.
It was announced this week that Jackie O’s childhood home, Merrywood in McLean, Virginia, is up for sale. For a cool $49.5 million (seriously, who has that much money???) And while that price makes this home insanely, insanely unattainable short of Jeff Bezos (P.S. Amazon is taking over the WORLD)- it’s so fun to look at, no? Even Andrew sent me the link to this as a blog suggestion!
Now THIS is an entry! If I were in charge of the redesign, I’d keep that wallpaper. And that mirror. (Barry Dixon did the home as shown)