A few of you asked yesterday for summertime dresses appropriate to wear to work. Office environments vary greatly, here is a variety of looks good for hot weather but still make you feel “cool”.
OUTFIT 1: DRESS // EARRINGS // HEELS
OUTFIT 2:DRESS // NECKLACE // HEELS
OUTFIT 3: DRESS // EARRINGS // HEELS
OUTFIT 4: DRESS // NECKLACE // HEELS
OUTFIT 5: DRESS// EARRINGS // HEELS
OUTFIT 6: DRESS // JACKET // EARRINGS // WEDGES
For summer I am all about comfort. And as a mom, I need things I can live in and not have to pose a certain way or wear sky high heels for it to look good. I also am having a moment with blue and blush. So here are some items that fit the bill for both of those categories:
Lately I’ve been having a lot of luck finding great pieces from Banana Republic for awesome prices. I can’t recall the last time I bought pants in multiple colors in the same fit, but I did recently with BR. I ahve found the quality to be better than some other stores and there tends to be a more work appropriate selection of styles. I partnered with them today to share some of the great scores I’ve found. And even reluctantly/awkwardly posed in some of them. :)
OK, for real, these pants are AMAZE. I am wearing the tall and they are so flattering (and come in other colors like red and olive). Also the sunglasses are my new fave.
It’s been a crazy week trying to put EOS book 2 to bed so I’m leaving you for the week with a few faves that have been added to my closet or on my wishlist!
- These jeans from Gap fit great and are apparently stain repellant (I mean, it’s pretty much a scientific fact that if I’m wearing white jeans I will spill coffee on them within 20 minutes). 40% off today! Jeans for under $75 bucks? Yes please!
- I may have ordered this face wash and toner spritz just for the packaging (stripes!!!!) and how cute it’ll look in my bathroom. But the smell is great and they are delightfully light and bright for summer use!
- Wearing this light scarf right now!
- My new FAVE bronzer in color Stonestreet. PERFECTION.
- I am obsessed with this bag company Corroon all of the sudden. The leather is divine (but VERY $$$) so I am eyeballing the linen and blue version for summer (with a painted monogram of course!)
- BIG flower studs are THE earring of the summer- these are under $50 and not comically massive.
- Just ordered these sandals- the heel height gives a nice lift without being uncomfortable to walk in all day!
- Boden had a sale so I snapped up a few pieces like this dress in the red color. I LOVE IT. So flattering. Size up one size though, as it runs small. Ordering this blue version today!
- Also from Boden, this is the perfect beach coverup!
- I adore this Tata Harper cream blush– it gives you a glow and is super moisturizing!
- Got these sunglasses this week while on sale. Awesome style, big but not TOO big.
- Also just ordered these espadrilles as they were on sale! Love the classic look with jeans and white tee. Plus comfort, which is key when chasing after a 2.5 year old who refuses to nap all of the sudden!
Yes, I am still in fact obsessing over all things Meghan Markle/ Duchess of Sussex. I love her style and while I am disappointed “The Firm” is making her wear pantyhose now (UGH) I still think her looks are fantastic to try to emulate. It’s refreshing to see fashion that isn’t based in shock value/ half nudity or ironic ugliness! But since we all don’t have the budget of a Duchess, we have to improvise a little and find options that are more affordable but give us the same look. Thanks to a zillion great sales this weekend, it’s totally possible. Here are some looks that cost less than probably just one of her shoes… the prices shown are for the ENTIRE outfit!