I have an extreme love of wrapping gifts. Every year I come up with a theme and get really into it. Someday when I’m a billionaire (cuz that’s gonna happen, right?) I’ll have a whole wrapping room. I mean, my first job was wrapping gifts at Christmas for my grandparents department store. Between that and my design career, I basically have a masters degree in wrapping.
So I thought I’d offer up a bunch of paper, ribbon and tag pairings to maybe spur your inner creative wrapping goddess. I am a huge fan of using two papers combined to create a cool center band down the middle over which I tie ribbon (like below, which was my wrapping look from 2014). On smaller boxes I mix up using the two papers, but use the same ribbon, etc. I’ve been known to sue leftover wallpaper, hand paint or stamp my own paper or tags and get into lots of various creative supplies.
There are so many amazing combos from my favorite sources (Etsy, The Container Store, World Market, Target, Spoonflower) that it’s hard for me to pick!
1.paper, ribbon, tag 2. paper, ribbon, tag 3. boxwood paper, blue paper, tag, ribbon 4. paper, wood tag, cork ribbon, jute ribbon
What I love about my team here in the office is how different everyone is, and so it’s great to share what everyone wants for the holidays because I think it covers a lot of different ground. A little sporty, a little glam, a little preppy, a little adventurous…lots of great ideas. And I swear I did not hold a gun to their heads and make them all pick earrings from my M. Flynn collection “you guys love these, riiiiiight?” They actually each picked them randomly and all a different pair, which makes me feel good about the wide appeal of the designs!
Click the bold numbers below each collection for links!
1. Absurd, but a dream // 2. I had the original AirMax 95 in…well,’95. They were the best! // 3. Would love a piece by Emily Morgan Brown for my house // 4. Proof I’m an adult // 5. // 6. // 7. Winter is coming…// 8. A case for…// 9. The iPhone X -for the camera alone, honestly // 10. So I can throw out my three different curling irons// 11.
1. An original Caitlin McGauley// 2. an elegant scent diffuser // 3. // 4. // 5. Al says this smells insane. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. She needs a bigger condo to fit this, so really it’s two gifts :)
1. // 2. // 3. Kristen’s brother’s company makes these beautiful passport cases // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. who doesn’t want a Golden puppy?// 8. Away bag for all her many adventures // 9. Designer fuel // 10. // 11.
1. We used these on a shoot and all loved them // 2. // 3. // 4. Cute return address stamp // 5. monogrammed, of course! // 6. // 7. Katie loves this product// 8. // 9. Dream light fixture // 10. // 11.
Phew- my last gift guide! These take a ton of time and work and I wanted to be sure to get them up early enough that you had time to actually order stuff! In case you missed any here is FOR HER, FOR HIM, FOR KIDS & PETS and UNDER $75!
- Adorable wine bags are always good to have around for impromptu holiday parties.
- A tiny vase is always welcome (for a powder room or desk)
- These beautiful napkins are only $6 each so gift a set to a stylish hostess.
- Pick up a cute pot ($10) and pop a small grocery store or nursery topiary or orchid in it.
- A beautiful pie server (I realized at Henry’s birthday I do not have a nice one!)
- The most luxurious hand sanitizer ever.
- A cute wine/bottle opener (pair it with a bottle of wine tied with a ribbon)
- I adore my new Cozy Holiday scented candle.
- My most favorite, indulgent gummy bears ever.
- A pretty set of faux tortoise bowls.
- A boxed set of cool ornaments is a nice gift, like these from Joanna Gaines’ new line.
- For the hostess who loves to cook, a bag of artisanal sea salt.
- These wine labels are HILARIOUS- slap ’em on any bottle!
- Monogram this alpaca throw for a very special gift.
- I have a blue set of these glass beads and use them all the time on styling jobs.
- Great initial glass trays great for bedside.
- I bought this sassy framed needlepoint for my mom last year. Always gets a laugh.
- A leopard tray, naturally.
- I just bought these antique-inspired candlesticks for my mantel and love them!
- Pair the holders above with a pretty pair of striped tapers!
- We bought this sculptural piece for a client and I am OBSESSED. So elegant and perfect for a shelf or top of a console or chest.
- A monogrammed cheese board.
- A tiny piece by artist-of-the-moment Kayce Hughes.
- A set of mini Diptyque candles— always a pleaser!
- I loooooooooove this pillow.
- A beautiful set of bowls.
- Luxurious hand wash and lotion set.
- I adore this vintage brass horse wine opener. Great for someone with a pretty bar.
- Did I mention that my ceramic gourd lamps are back in stock in three colors?
- Personalized memo pads are such a great thing to gift. Make grocery lists pretty!
- For the person who admires luxe applique bedding like Leontine Linens, these shams are a tiny fraction of the price ($54 each) but all the style!
- A gorgeous, unique blue and white frame.
- A pretty framed sketch.
- A beautiful set of classic books to dress up a bookshelf.
- A hand thrown ceramic birdhouse to pretty up the yard up.
- I love how this orchid pot came out for my line with Jill Rosenwald.
- These beauties are great little gifts for anyone.
And since you probably missed my Friday post (because it went up at 9pm!) check out Under $75 and Stocking Stuffers!
With all the stuff to do this holiday season I thought it might be nice to handle the whole holiday card thing for two lucky readers! Felix Doolittle, longtime sponsor and one of my favorite stationery shops here in Boston, is giving away to two lucky readers, 6 boxes of holiday cards and 2 sets of personalized return labels)! Cross that off your list!
They just introduced panoramic return labels, but the classic ones are great too! So many to choose from!
Hi Guys- sorry for the late post- these gift guides take FOREVAH.
Happy to bring you my picks for kids, tweens and teens and pets! I included some great faves that give back (like State backpacks which not only look insanely cool, but for each bag purchased give a backpack full of school supplies to an American child in need) as well as lots of things that will light up those eyes (or pull them away from their phones at least!) As always, click the bold numbers at bottom for links and HAPPY SHOPPING!
(P.S. Don’t forget to check out For Him and For Her if you haven’t already!) Coming up are for Home & Hostess as well as Under $75/ Stocking Stuffers, as well as our own personal lists from all of us at Erin Gates Design!
1. (every doll purchased provides 10 meals for hungry children)// 2. // 3. (storm troopers & gold)// 4. // 5. // 6. (we have this and love it!)// 7. // 8. (Henry’s fave perch) // 9. // 10. (Coco & Marie Curie) // 11. // 12. (a little Joanna Gaines for your little!)// 13. // 14. // 15. GENIUS (or the rocketship version)// 16. // 17. // 18. (she’ll feel like a real ballerina!) // 19. // 20. // 21. (shh, don’t tell Henry he’s getting this!)
1. This age group seems to like these onesie snugglers) // 2. (hunter and floral)// 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. (tell him Luke Wilson owns this brand and the color is “Ron Burgundy” and he’ll love it) // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12. // 13. (or these) // 14. // 15. // 16. // 17. (something to get them away from screens!) // 18. (anything Fenty by Rhianna will be a hit) // 19.
1. // 2. // 3. (i want Baxter to wear cardigans!)// 4. (socks made with their pets face on them!)// 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. (you gotta REALLY love your dog) // 11. // 12. // 13. // 14. // 15.