The Erin Gates Design team is looking for an experienced, full time Interior Designer to join our team in our Newton Center office. This person should be a creative thinker with an established eye for design and a can-do attitude as our office is small and we all pitch in on a multitude of tasks from styling photo shoots to chiming in on product design! We have a lot of fun projects coming up and are excited to bring another stylish, fun person into the mix to help us get it all done!
- MUST have experience working in an interior design firm or for yourself as a designer. 5-8 years experience preferred, having established vendor relations in the area a big plus.
- MUST know AutoCAD and be comfortable drafting floorplans, elevations and the like.
- Ideally this candidate knows Studio Designer or comparable interior design focused software for invoicing, billing and tracking.
- Car and valid license.
- My dogs come to the office, so someone okay with dogs is also a must.
- Incredibly organized (as I am not, so I hire people to be organized for me!)
- Proactive work style in which you think ahead about what needs to get done.
- Responsible for full project management for multiple clients at once. Must be a skilled multi-tasker who can handle many projects at once. Almost all our projects are residential, so a pleasant and upbeat client-relations attitude is necessary. Will visit sites and meet with clients with and without me.
- Drawing floorplans, designing built ins and custom furniture and working with tradesmen to execute all visions.
- Sourcing and shopping for goods, requesting samples, cuttings, etc.
- Proposing, quoting and ordering trade and non-trade goods and making sure items are shipped/received in time and working to replace those that are damaged, etc.
- As I said before, A+ organization — binders and files to be kept for all clients so the entire team can access at all times as we do work collaboratively!
- Collaborate with myself and other team members on Erin gates branded product lines and media features.
- Monday through Friday 8:30-4:30 at our Newton Center office. Parking paid for.
- Competitive pay (billable client rate and office rate).
- Paid vacation/ sick days.
- FYI, No medical benefits available at this time.
Please e-mail all resumes/ cover letters and portfolios to [email protected] with the subject INTERIOR DESIGNER POSITION.
We look forward to meeting you!
Promo web site our company
It’s been a crazy week trying to put EOS book 2 to bed so I’m leaving you for the week with a few faves that have been added to my closet or on my wishlist!
- These jeans from Gap fit great and are apparently stain repellant (I mean, it’s pretty much a scientific fact that if I’m wearing white jeans I will spill coffee on them within 20 minutes). 40% off today! Jeans for under $75 bucks? Yes please!
- I may have ordered this face wash and toner spritz just for the packaging (stripes!!!!) and how cute it’ll look in my bathroom. But the smell is great and they are delightfully light and bright for summer use!
- Wearing this light scarf right now!
- My new FAVE bronzer in color Stonestreet. PERFECTION.
- I am obsessed with this bag company Corroon all of the sudden. The leather is divine (but VERY $$$) so I am eyeballing the linen and blue version for summer (with a painted monogram of course!)
- BIG flower studs are THE earring of the summer- these are under $50 and not comically massive.
- Just ordered these sandals- the heel height gives a nice lift without being uncomfortable to walk in all day!
- Boden had a sale so I snapped up a few pieces like this dress in the red color. I LOVE IT. So flattering. Size up one size though, as it runs small. Ordering this blue version today!
- Also from Boden, this is the perfect beach coverup!
- I adore this Tata Harper cream blush– it gives you a glow and is super moisturizing!
- Got these sunglasses this week while on sale. Awesome style, big but not TOO big.
- Also just ordered these espadrilles as they were on sale! Love the classic look with jeans and white tee. Plus comfort, which is key when chasing after a 2.5 year old who refuses to nap all of the sudden!
TAG SALE TIME! Goodies from my parent’s house, some client stuff and my house! Please note what is available to ship and what is PICK UP ONLY. :) Email [email protected] to purchase! First come first serve!
For pick up only in Pomfret, CT:
Gorgeous vintage solid brass chandelier with brass shades (30″ wide, 24″ tall plus chair and canopy): $500 SOLD
Yes, I am still in fact obsessing over all things Meghan Markle/ Duchess of Sussex. I love her style and while I am disappointed “The Firm” is making her wear pantyhose now (UGH) I still think her looks are fantastic to try to emulate. It’s refreshing to see fashion that isn’t based in shock value/ half nudity or ironic ugliness! But since we all don’t have the budget of a Duchess, we have to improvise a little and find options that are more affordable but give us the same look. Thanks to a zillion great sales this weekend, it’s totally possible. Here are some looks that cost less than probably just one of her shoes… the prices shown are for the ENTIRE outfit!
Above: Fresh flowers and pretty books and a candle go a long way, as do small touches like custom shades for your lighting!
Even if your budget isn’t huge, your home can still look super high end by choosing some of the right accents. From small touches like monogrammed linens to bigger ones like art and pillows- here are some awesome finds that will look WAY more expensive than they are and add a touch of grandeur to your home.